Advanced-Level University Makerspaces
The pinnacle of all makerspaces, this designation is reserved for those schools who have made significant investments, not only with infrastructure and equipment, but also in culture. Advanced makerspaces and fab labs unite students throughout a campus, with technical abilities of all levels creating a culture of innovation and idea sharing.
What factors merit the planning and implementation of an advanced university makerspace or Fab Lab in an academic building?
- Classes dedicated to product development, engineering and business strategy development
- The need for professional-level workflow management capabilities between software and machines
- The desire for community outreach initiatives and the ability to hire a dedicated lab manager
- The desire to support research and development at a university level
Advanced Makerspace: Sample Plans
Slide to view examples of custom plans for advanced academic makerspaces.
Our team is capable of managing all aspects of your project:
- Initial space planning Equipment selection
- MEP specifications
- Training and post-sale support
Read on for resources for administrators, architects and faculty and to see how our technology consultants can help craft a plan that streamlines the process of creating an advanced academic makerspace.