High-Power Transmission and Control
The Power Electronics Training System combines a modular design approach with computer-based data acquisition and control to provide unrivaled training in power electronics to students already having a sound knowledge of basic electric power technology. The system features the Four-Quadrant Dynamometer/Power Supply, Model 8960, and the Data Acquisition and Control Interface, Model 9063, two state-of-the-art USB peripherals that greatly enhance the learning experience of students.
Training begins with the following four courses:
- DC Power Electronics
- Single-Phase AC Power Electronics
- Three-Phase AC Power Electronics
- Thyristor Power Electronics
Request a Quote
The training system includes two highly versatile USB peripherals:
- Four-Quadrant Dynamometer/Power Supply, Model 8960-2. This module is used as a dc power source and a battery charger/discharger with a large variety of configurable parameters. It can also be used as an overnight battery float charger.
- Data Acquisition and Control Interface, Model 9063. This module gives access to a large variety of computer-based measuring instruments and is used to control the various dc power electronics devices. All functions are implemented via the LVDAC-EMS software.
The training system also includes three highly versatile power electronics modules controlled using the Data Acquisition and Control Interface:
- IGBT Chopper/Inverter, Model 8837-B. This module is used to implement various types of choppers and inverters.
- Power Thyristors, Model 8841. This module is used to implement various thyristor-based devices (e.g., bridges, ac power controllres, solid-state relays)
- Rectifier and Filtering Capacitors, Model 8842-A. This module is used to implement various types of power diode rectifiers.
- and much more…