Demonstrates fundamental principles and components of typical refrigeration systems and heat pumps.
The Refrigeration System Demonstrator is an integrated training system for instructor demonstration and hands-on student experimentation in the fundamental principles and components of typical refrigeration systems and heat pumps. The demonstrator is designed to clearly show the different refrigerant stages within the cycles of the most common refrigeration system configurations.
- Physics Applied to Refrigeration
- Introduction to Refrigeration
- The Compressor
- The Evaporator and Condenser
- Metering Devices
- System Control Devices
- Introduction to Heat Pump Systems
Features & Benefits
- Shatterproof, clear tubing sections within the evaporator and condenser coils to allow students to view refrigerant flows and changes of state
- Clear evaporator and condenser coil enclosures
- Four manual valves enabling reversal of refrigerant flow for heat pump demonstrations
- Variable-speed fans and adjustable dampers to simulate changing environmental conditions
- A multicolored, silk-screened functional panel for identification of refrigerant flow and change of state within the system
- Six fault-insertion switches enabling demonstration of typical refrigeration system malfunctions
- Elementary refrigeration demonstrator to identify refrigerant change of state
- Heavy-duty steel mobile stand
- Instrumentation including temperature meter, compound gauges, pressure gauges, circuit breakers, and indicator lamps
- Circuit breakers and a safety pressure switch to protect the system
- R-134a refrigerant
- Estimated program duration: 46 hours
Festo LX – The online portal for teachers and learners to access and create a customized learning experience.
Key features overview See what our learning portal can do: