Bench-mounted machine to perform torsion tests on different materials.
The Torsion Testing Machine is a compact machine, ideal for classroom demonstrations and for safe use by small groups of students. Its frame is a rigid, precision-engineered alloy box-section, supported at each end by adjustable feet
- Ideal for student use and classroom demonstrations
- Torque capacity up to 30 Nm
- Direct readings of torque and strain on digital displays
- Suitable for destructive tests on specimens
- Forward and reverse loading
- For use with specimens up to 750 mm long
- Wide range of test specimens
- Optional Torsiometer (SM1001a) available for tests which need increased accuracy
The torque reaction and measurement system includes a torsion shaft supported by bearings. The shaft reacts on a strain-gauged load cell. A digital display shows the force measured by the load cell. The display can connect to VDAS®.
- Determination of modulus of rigidity (shear modulus) and yield strength (when used with the optional torsiometer)
- Determination of upper and lower yield stresses for normalised steel specimens
- Reversed torsion tests to demonstrate the Bauschinger effect and the effects of residual body and textural stresses on torsional strength
- Comparison of the diff erent elastic and plastic
properties of materials (when used with the optional specimens)