Bench-top apparatus that demonstrates the refrigeration cycle.
This simple refrigeration cycle unit assists students to learn the stages of refrigeration at an entry level. Students learn about Pressure-Enthalpy charts and use them to determine the Coefficient of Performance (COP), superheat and sub-cooling from the enthalpy changes.
- Includes TecQuipment’s Versatile Data Acquisition
System VDAS® Onboard, featuring data acquisition via USB
- VDAS® software allows students to visualize experimental parameters using pressure–enthalply charts
- Pressure andTemperature sensors in heat source and heat-sink water tanks allows clear demonstration of a refrigeration or heat pump cycle
- Water pump allows circulation of water for steady-state experiment
- Learn to use a pressure-enthalpy chart
- Determine superheat and sub-cooling
- Basic refrigeration cycle energy balance
- Determine coefficient of performance (CoP)
- Determine non-isentropic, isentropic and volumetric efficiencies of the compression stage
- Effect of heat source and heat sink temperatures on CoP
- Compare performance between actual and reversed Carnot cycles