Variable-Frequency Drive Training System
Designed to introduce variable frequency drive basics
The Variable-Frequency Drive Training System is a state-of-the-art training system specifically designed to introduce students to the basic principles of variable-frequency drives (VFDs). It provides a comprehensive, high-quality, and cost-effective solution to rapidly build student knowledge in VFDs and their motor applications. It is designed for portability and powered using a standard single-phase ac outlet.
- Motor drives
- Three-phase induction motor characteristics and operation
- VFD characteristics and operation
- VFD control circuits and advanced functions, such as acceleration and deceleration, motor braking, jogging, and protection
- VFD load types and control methods
- VFD installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Optional exercise about VFD operation with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and human-machine interfaces (HMIs)
Request a Quote
Features & Benefits
- Fully introduces students to all the important concepts of both variable-frequency drives and three-phase induction motors.
- Comprises a modern Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 525 drive designed for the control of industrial motors.
- The variable-frequency drive, the induction motor, and all the electrical and control components are easy to access and safe for student experimentation.
- Powered using a standard single-phase ac outlet. Control components operate at a low voltage for student safety.
- Includes six built-in faults that can be inserted using toggle switches, enabling students to test and improve their troubleshooting skills.
- Training system enclosed in a rugged case fitted with sturdy wheels and a telescopic handle for easy transportation. The case also allows training systems to be conveniently stacked for storage.
- Comprises student and instructor manuals that provide comprehensive theory presentations, guided easy-to-understand lab procedures, and review questions.
- Complete, cost-efficient learning package
- Estimated program duration: 20 hours
Festo LX – The online portal for teachers and learners to access and create a customized learning experience.
Key features overview See what our learning portal can do:
Providing End-to-End Solutions for Successful Labs
AET Labs is an advisor and value-added reseller inspired to bring real-world industry experience to education with end-to-end technology lab solutions. We are application specialists, service technicians and knowledgeable consultants who combine experience, curated product lines, and the ability to implement with professionalism and forward thinking. As a partner to New England education visionaries since 2005, we value educating future generations.