Refrigeration Capstone Project
Give future refrigeration technicians a challenging project to sharpen their practical skills
Festo designed a workstation for the 2017 Refrigeration WorldSkills competition. Contestants carried out a challenging project, while putting the workstation to the test. This workstation is now available to schools training skilled refrigeration technicians. This capstone project allows future refrigeration workers to practice a variety of skills necessary to fabricate, install, and commission a challenging refrigeration circuit. The project is aimed at producing ice while recovering the extracted energy to heat a water tank at a specified temperature, and then rejecting additional heat into the atmosphere through an air-cooled condenser.
- Interpret electrical and mechanical plans, and refrigerant flow diagrams
- Fabricate and join copper tubes according to drawings
- Install mechanical and electrical components and do the wiring
- Pressure-test and charge the system with refrigerant
- Adjust the control devices so the system works to specifications
Request a Quote
Features & Benefits
- Turnkey solution with all required hardware (except copper tubes) and drawings
- Project meets the strict requirements of a Worldskills competition
- Replacement parts packages available to repeat the project multiple times
- Multiple essential skills are put to the test with a single system
- Mobile, safe and small workstation
Festo LX – The online portal for teachers and learners to access and create a customized learning experience.
Key features overview See what our learning portal can do:
Providing End-to-End Solutions for Successful Labs
AET Labs is an advisor and value-added reseller inspired to bring real-world industry experience to education with end-to-end technology lab solutions. We are application specialists, service technicians and knowledgeable consultants who combine experience, curated product lines, and the ability to implement with professionalism and forward thinking. As a partner to New England education visionaries since 2005, we value educating future generations.