Festo LabVolt Industrial Controls System
The Industrial Controls Training Systems are designed to teach the theory and techniques of electric motor controllers. They allow students to select and mount control devices to form typical control circuits, and to troubleshoot them once a fault is inserted. The systems offer unique controls training possibilities, are modular, and include insertable faults.
The system is divided into four levels, each level being further divided into specific topics that deal with various aspects of industrial controls equipment operation:
- Basic Controls System, Model 8036-1: Provides students with complete basic training in motor controls.
- Programmable Logic Controller System, Model 8036-2: Introduces the use of PLCs to control the motor operation.
- Motor Drives System, Model 8036-3: Introduces the use of the DC and AC drives.
- Sensors system, Model 8036-4: Introduces photoelectric and proximity switches.
- Features & Benefits
The Industrial Controls Training Systems courseware consists of student manuals and instructor guides. The student manuals are divided into several units, each consisting of a series of hands-on exercises dealing with a particular topic of industrial controls. Each exercise provides a clearly stated objective, a discussion, an exercise procedure, a summary, and a set of review questions. An additional ten-question test at the end of each unit allows the student to verify what was learned in the unit.The instructor guides contain the practical results and the answers for each hands-on exercise in the student manuals.
The courseware is available in three eLearning formats for users preferring a computer-based
• Model 3161- E: eSeries format, facilitated by the Mind-Sight eLearning system.
• Model 3161-F: SCORM-based format, designed to be hosted by a third-party, SCORM 1.2 compliant management system.
• Model 3161-G: Stand-alone format, available on CD-ROM. This format runs on a web browser and does not require any management system.
- Extensive array of modules makes it possible to create setups filling a large number of training needs
- Wide variety of modules representative of control components found in the industry
- Comprehensive curriculum including student manuals with hands-on exercises and instructor guides
- Includes safety features such as a lockable cut-out switch, a tagout device, and banana plug leads
- Insertion of faults to teach troubleshooting
- Cost-effective, high-quality solution
- Sturdy, mobile, two-sided workstation
- Designed according to CSA standards
- Contains advanced devices (PLC, AC Drive, PWM, DC Drive, Softstarter) and common electrical panel components
- Electrical connections between the modules mirror real-life connections
- The motors in the training system are actual industrial machines
- A simulation software allows students to complete all the exercises in the training system courseware on a computer without the need for any actual equipment