FESTO Integrated STEM Solutions
FESTO’s integrated approach to STEM emphasizes innovation, problem-solving, critical-thinking, and creativity. Using a combination of 15 different hands-on training systems, students rely on math/science fundamentals to complete projects using the engineering design process.
In this “learn by doing” environment, students are given the opportunity to experience relevant and newly emerging technologies that integrate into standards-based curriculum.
Contact AET Labs to see how we can help set up the STEM learning lab geared toward your school’s education focus and goals.
Festo offers turn-key STEM solutions that incorporate real-world, problem-based learning opportunities students need.
- 3 Flexible Learning Clusters Using 15 Hands-On Training Modules
- Overview of Program
- Flexible Classrooms
The manufacturing landscape is changing thanks to the merging of the real and virtual worlds, the advancement of sensors, and the innovative technologies that are used to improve products and processes. The Festo Didactic Advanced Manufacturing cluster consists of STEM courses that teach the foundation of advanced manufacturing through practical application that emphasizes innovation, problem-solving, and critical thinking using hands-on training systems.
1. Engineering and Stress Analysis
2. Exploring Electricity
4. CNC Mill
5. CNC Lathe
6. Computer Aided Design (with 3D printing)
7. Introduction to Process Engineering*
8. Fiber Optics and Lasers
Mechatronics integrates the fields of mechanical, electronics, and computer science. The Festo Didactic Mechatronics cluster consists of STEM courses that present an innovative problem-based approach to teaching mechatronics using hands-on trainers and robotic systems.
Environmental discovery connects students to the world around them, teaching them about both natural and built environments, enabling them to make connections so they can examine how and why things happen in order to make their own decisions about environmental issues. The Festo Didactic Environmental Discovery cluster explores the impact of conservation and sustainability using hands-on, interactive, problem-based learning.
FESTO Integrative STEM Curriculum Highlights
- A range of pedagogical methods organized to create an essential teaching instrument: Backward Design, Subject-Based and Problem-Based Learning, Collaborative-Based Learning, and Entrepreneurially-Minded Learning
- SCORM compliant
- Projects are linked to learning objectives and corresponding Standards for Technological Literacy (STL) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- STEM disciplines are integrated into the resources and identified with the use of icons
- Navigation icons guide students along the Project Challenge learning path
- Instructor Guide specific to each course provides installation and classroom preparation recommendations, assessment answer keys, project solutions, and a rubric for evaluating project-based activities
Geared towards a wide range of learning styles, 4 different methods are used to teach this innovative STEM curriculum:
- Backward design
- Traditional learning: SBL (subject-based learning)
- Inductive learning: CBL (collaborative/ scenario-based learning), PBL (problem-based learning)
- Connect student learning to a mission: EML (entrepreneurially-minded learning)
Flexible Classroom Environment