Festo AMS- Advanced Mechatronics System
The Advanced Mechatronics System (AMS) is a turnkey training system fully aligned with the standards of a globally recognized program – SIEMENS Mechatronic Systems Certification Program (SMSCP) – and uses industrial grade components found in today’s mechatronic applications.
It answers the needs of vocational schools and training centers seeking a cost-effective mechatronics teaching solution in order to train skilled operators. The AMS reproduces the main steps of an industrial packaging line. Students learn about pneumatic distribution, filling, quality control, product sorting, storage and retrieval, network communication, and motor control sub-systems.
In accordance with the SMSCP, the AMS includes hardware components required by this certification. The course material follows a “system approach” and covers the fields of electricity, mechanics, fluid power, and programmable logic controllers, as well as more advanced subjects.
The AMS consists of a packaging station and a handling station. Each of these stations can operate independently or can be linked together to work as a whole in a complete, sequential process. Both stations are equipped with pneumatic, electrical, and fault panels.
- Features & Benefits
- Topics Covered
- Train mechatronics students to meet globally recognized industrial standards
- Meets all the hardware requirements for the SIEMENS Mechatronics Systems Certification Program (SMSCP).
- Curriculum is aligned with the SMSCP teaching method designed to keep students engaged, optimizing their understanding of the entire system.
- Provides 60 hours of laboratory divided between the four fields of the Level 1 certification (operator level), in addition to advanced subjects.
- Focus on teaching
- Accompanying lab material supports teachers during course planning.
- Each station comes pre-assembled, pre-wired, and pre-programmed and can be easily reset to factory settings.
- Work with real-world hardware components and recent technologies
- The system integrates recent technologies that students will encounter in their jobs, such as SIEMENS S7-1500 PLC, SIEMENS Comfort Panel HMI, COGNEX In-Sight 7000 vision system, as well as three-phase and single-phase industrial conveyors, and servo motion controllers.
- Easily accessible terminal blocks simplify electrical signal measurement during troubleshooting.
- Integrate it in multiple pedagogical and lab settings
- The two stations can work independently or together.
- Connecting the stations together (mechanically and electrically) is quick and easy.
- The stations are wheeled and fit through a standard door.
- Each station can be sold separately.
- Fluid Power
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Advanced Subjects (artificial vision)
- Estimated program duration: 50 hours