Why Choose VCarve Desktop?
VCarve Desktop provides a powerful but intuitive software solution for creating and cutting parts on a CNC Router. VCarve Desktop gives you the power to produce complex 2D patterns with profile, pocket, drill and inlay toolpaths, plus gives you the ability to create designs with v-carving textures as well as import and machine unlimited Vectric 3D clipart or single model files. The ‘Desktop’ edition is designed for small CNC machines, aimed at hobby or non-production environments.
AET Labs supports this product through remote and on-site professional development sessions.
Key Strengths of VCarve Desktop
- VCarve Desktop can import 2D designs from other programs but also provides a full set of drawing and editing tools.
- The toolpath options cover all typical 2D routing operations such as Profiling, Pocketing, Auto-Inlays and Drilling as well as 2.5D strategies such as V-Carving, Prism carving, Moulding Toolpaths, Fluting and even a decorative Texturing strategy.
Minimum System Requirements
- 2 Ghz multi Core CPU
- 4Gb RAM with Windows Vista & Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- 300 Mb Disk space (Program)
- USB drive required for USB Media Pack if purchased.
- 7.7GB Additional disk space required if you wish to store the tutorials and clipart supplied, on your hard drive.
- 1024 x 768 Graphics display
- Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or Windows 10 with 4Gb RAM
AET Labs Professional Development
- VCarve Desktop Essentials (4-6 hrs)
- VCarve Desktop Advanced (4-6 hrs)
VCarve Desktop Tutorials
To get started you have a few options, By default all tutorial videos are displayed in the recommended order, this will help you understand all of the features within the software, however we appreciate that you may only be using Vectric software to accomplish a specific type of job, like sign making for instance. So we have created playlists to help shortcut your learning in a more tailored way.