- This event has passed.
Using VCarve Pro with your CNC Router
August 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
One of the best things about adding a CNC router to a school or college is the amount of subjects it has the potential to cross-over into. VCarve CAM software is perfect for the educational environment. It’s easy enough to make progress in a standard class period but also has enough power to be used for more in-depth projects to enable all levels of student use. In this workshop, we’ll teach instructors how to integrate VCarve Pro into your classroom workflow with a Techno CNC router.
- The CNC Machine, XYZ, 4th axis, Gantry, Rails, Bed, Sacrificial Bed, Tooling, Tool Changer, Vacuum Hold-Down, Dust Collection
- Key CNC Knowledge – Computer Skills -> Design and Toolpath Software -> Operating and Maintaining your CNC Machine -> Knowledge of Materials and Tooling
- CNC Workflow – Concept -> Design -> Toolpaths (CAM) -> Machining -> Finish
- VCarve/Aspire Capabilities – Vector, 2D, 2.5D, 3D
- VCarve Definitions – Basic
- Create Vectors – Use basic shapes to create vectors and demonstrate Profile Toolpath
- Image to vector logo – trace Bitmap, show layers, demonstrate Pocket, Drilling and Text Toolpaths,
- 2.5 and full 3D capabilities