- This event has passed.
5-Axis CNC Machining & Siemens Certification Workshop
November 21, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
5-axis machining is fast becoming the standard in manufacturing. As more complex geometries and production efficiencies are demanded by industry, how do we best prepare students with the right skills needed to excel as advanced, 5-axis adept machinists?
Join AET Labs and CNC industry-leader EMCO on November 21st from 9:00-3:00 for a deep dive into 5-axis computer numerical controlled (CNC) systems for the learning environment.
On the docket:
- EMCO Concept Mill 260 demonstration
- Demonstration of CM55 and CT60 changeable controllers
- Learn about the Siemens Lifelong Educational Advantage Program (L.E.A.P.) and CNC machining certifications for students
- Discover the capabilities of 5-axis CNC machining centers for educational environments
- Test drive SINUMERIK CNC from Siemens and receive hands-on exposure to setting up and programming turning or milling jobs through Siemens’ user interfaces, ShopTurn and ShopMill
9:00-9:15 – Opening Introductions
9:15-9:45 – EMCO presentation
9:45-10:15 – SIEMENS LEAP program presentation
10:15-10:30 – Coffee Break
10:30-11:30 – Live Demo of the CM260 machine with 5-axis trunnion table and Siemens Control
11:30-12:00 – live Demo of the interchangeable CNC control with Siemens and Fanuc
12:00-12:30 – Lunch Break
12:30-2:30 – Siemens Hands-On Training on SinuTrain programming simulators
2:30-3:00 – Industry Applications for 5-axis machines
3:00 – Q&A, closing remarks, depart