Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge
New England Regional Semi-Finals
Join us for a day of local student innovation and creativity as we select the regional winners for this contest and give away some great prizes!
Lots are at stake here — A Makerbot 3D printer, scholarship money and bragging rights. In addition to some good drama, we’ll keep your attention by demonstrating the latest in 3D printing and other cutting-edge technologies. You’ll see some of the same tools that are being used by the same students participating in this event to fabricate new products, redesign existing products or to create models in architecture and art.
Who can compete: Students from middle, comprehensive and CTE schools
What: Engineering Secondary Category
When: Friday, March 6th, 9:00am-3:00pm (lunch will be provided)
Where: New Location! Stratasys Regional Applications Center, 5 Fortune Blvd, Billerica, MA 01821
Cost to attend: Free
To receive your free Extreme Redesign Poster to promote this competition for next year, click here.
9:00-10:00am – Arrival, set-up of student displays
10:00am – Introduction
10:15am – Instructor Presentations – Experiences with 3D Printing in the classroom
11:15am – Stratasys Presentation – 3D Printing from Education to Industry
12:15pm – Lunch
1:00pm – Stratasys Tour
1:30pm – Student Presentations
Rules and Format
- Submissions are limited to K-12 institutions only.
- Multiple submissions per school will be accepted. However, only one event finalist will be selected from your program.
- Because of space limitations, Instructors are welcome to bring one student representative.
- Table space approximately 2.5′ x 2.5′ will be given to display entries.
- As much as we’d enjoy your company, you don’t need to be present to compete. However, in order to qualify for prizes (including the Makerbot giveaway), you must participate in this event.
To see Extreme Redesign official contest rules, click here.
To register for the semi-finals event, you must register below: