FESTO Instrumentation and Process Control
The Pressure, Flow, Level, and Temperature Process Training Systems introduce students to a wide range of industrial processes, as well as to their instruments and control devices. The training systems are part of the Instrumentation and Process Control program, which uses modern equipment and a complete curriculum to help students assimilate the theoretical and practical knowledge that is mandatory to work in the process control industry.
The modularity of these energy-efficient process control training systems allows the instructor to select specific equipment as a function of the training objectives without going over budget. Several configurations are available for a single workstation. Adding optional equipment can increase the number of these configurations.
The Pressure, Flow, Level, and Temperature Process Training Systems feature two workstations
- The Process Workstation
- The Instrumentation Workstation
The workstations can accommodate a single team of students for the temperature experiments and up to two teams for the pressure, flow, and level experiments if the second-team add-on is used.
The system also features training on complex control loop strategies such as the ones used for controlling a level in a boiler. For the boiler simulation, the students will need to apply different advanced control strategies such as split-range, ratio and feed-forward covered during the learning path adapted according to their specific needs.
- Features & Benefits
- Topics Covered
- Modular system that allows a wide variety of configurations
- Two-sided workstation that enables two student groups to work simultaneously
- Faults can be inserted by the instructor to develop the troubleshooting skills of the students
- Extensive and comprehensive curriculum
- Entry level, cost-effective solution
- Industrial-grade components, clear PVC piping
- Real-world, large-scale process loops implemented in a space-efficient work environment
- Different controller options depending on the objectives and budget
- Smart transmitters and control valves implemented using HART or FOUNDATION Fieldbus communication protocols
- Ethernet and Modbus communication protocols also used with variable frequency drives and controllers
- Environment-friendly temperature training system (no cooling water required)
- Fast response temperature control system
- Advanced process control strategies such as ratio, feed-forward, and split-range
- Boiler simulation with three-element process control
- Real-time heat exchanger energy balance
- Pressure, Flow, and Level
- Air Pressure and Flow
- pH and Conductivity
- Estimated program duration: 84 hours