- This event has passed.
3D Scanning – From Capture to Completion
August 7 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
3D Scanning is an essential tool for reverse engineering, but the evolution of this technology has enabled many other useful applications. In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn about the Scan to CAD capabilities and limitations, as well as how to post-process and prepare part files for 3D printing.
Topics will include:
- Selecting the best 3D scanning technology for the project
- Understand scanning workflow and the hardware’s operating principles
- Understand acquisition rules to perform a quality scan
- Understand VXelements’s functionalities to optimize scans
- Using VX Inspect for quality testing and SPC
- Learn how to calibrate and configure the system to optimize scans
- Apply scanning techniques on real parts
- Be able to scan simple parts easily, rapidly and efficiently
- Understand basic elements of VX Model to post-process scan
- 3D print a model from scan data